Peppol is an electronic invoice integration standard available for customers in Australia and New Zealand. It allows suppliers to send customers electronic invoices so you can process them without manual data entry. More details can be found here.
Peppol provides the ability to receive electronic invoices from both Registered and Lite suppliers
Setting up Peppol in your Community
Before you can receive Peppol invoices from suppliers you must register with a Peppol Access Point who manage the transmission of Peppol invoices from the Peppol Network to Unimarket. Please contract Unimarket for Access Point options.
Once you are setup with an Access Point, Unimarket will configure the integration to start receiving invoices from the Access Point. The following needs to be in place:
- You community needs to have an NZBN or ABN number specified in Community Settings. This is used to identify in the Invoice Receiver.
- Your suppliers need to have an NZBN or ABN number specified in their Profile. This is used to match the invoice to the correct supplier in your Community. Note there cannot be duplicates or the invoice will fail.
- Your Community needs to be setup with inbound sFTP (secure file transfer) so that you can receive Peppol invoices.
Managing Peppol Invoices
Peppol invoices are sent to your Community from the Access Point to your sFTP folder. Unimarket then validates the invoice to ensure it contains all the required information and is compliant with the electronic invoicing standard. The results can be reviewed on the File Processing page within Community Admin.
- Success: If the invoice was processed successfully it will show as Success and there will be a link to the invoice in your community.
Error: If the invoice was not successfully processed it will appear on the File Processing page with a summary of the error under the info hover icon.
- Note that Unimarket requires invoices to have a purchase order or they will generate an Error.
Notifying Suppliers of Errors
The sFTP process used to receive invoices means 2-way communication with suppliers is not supported. When there are errors the customer should communicate to the supplier directly so they can fix and resend the invoice or provide it in a different way (e.g. if there is no order).
Once a Peppol invoice has been processed successfully it will be matched like all other invoices.