Invoice Integration uses the cXML standard to allow suppliers to send invoices to Unimarket.
When received the invoice document is validated and passed onto the matching process for the customer.
Errors in the validation will be included in the response. An email is also generated explaining the error and sent to the Invoicing contact listed in the Supplier Profile.
Suggested Process for Invoice Integration
- The Invoice file is generated by the Supplier ERP
- A cXML Invoice file is sent to Unimarket
- Unimarket processes the cXML Invoice message and provides a response
- The supplier processes the response and based on the response code makes a decision:
- 200 Response - The invoice file was successfully processed, no further action required
- 400 Response - The invoice file had errors, please generate a notification to an internal team
- 500 Response - The invoice is unable to be processed, contact email@example.com
|Note: There will also be an email sent for any invoices that fail to the Invoicing Email Address set on the Contact in your store.|
Example Basic Invoice Structure
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE cXML SYSTEM "http://xml.cXML.org/schemas/cXML/1.2.038/InvoiceDetail.dtd">
<cXML payloadID="[A Unique Value]" timestamp="2020-10-08T23:59:45-07:00" version="1.2.021">
<InvoiceDetailRequestHeader invoiceDate="2020-10-08" invoiceID="[Invoice Number]" operation="new" purpose="standard">
<OrderReference orderID="[Purchase Order Number]"/>
<InvoiceDetailItem invoiceLineNumber="1" quantity="1.00">...</InvoiceDetailItem>
<InvoiceDetailItem invoiceLineNumber="2" quantity="12.00">...</InvoiceDetailItem>
<InvoiceDetailItem invoiceLineNumber="3" quantity="10.00">...</InvoiceDetailItem>
See the articles below for additional information on Invoice Integration: