Cancel and Resubmit Invoices
An invoice can be canceled when the invoice is entered incorrectly or when the invoice does not match. If needed, the correct invoice can then be resubmitted, and can use the same invoice number.
In order to cancel or resubmit the invoice, the invoice cannot be in the Downloaded or Invoice Accepted states. Those with the Create Invoices, Community Administrator, and Create Buyer Invoices roles are able to cancel and resubmit invoices.
Cancel an Invoice
To cancel an invoice:
- Go to either
- The Marketplace module, then select Transactions and View Invoices.
- The Invoices module, which will take you directly to View Invoices.
- Select the Invoice Number you wish to make changes on or search for Invoices or Orders. Additional fields are available to narrow down the search.
- In the Invoice, select More Actions in the top-right corner of the screen and click Cancel.
- Enter the reason for canceling this invoice, then select OK.
- The invoice is now canceled.
Resubmit an Invoice
You can resubmit the exact same invoice or an alternative invoice by clicking More Actions and selecting Resubmit after an invoice has been canceled.
Also, you can reuse the Invoice number once you cancel the invoice if the details are not correct.
To resubmit an invoice:
- Follow the steps above to cancel an invoice if you have not already done so.
- Once an invoice has been canceled, select More Actions and click Resubmit.
- This will take you to the Enter Invoice page where you have the option of creating an invoice with the canceled invoice number or creating a new invoice altogether.
For more on invoices see Creating Electronic Invoices.