If your community has the Returns feature enabled you can undo your previous receiving action. The Returns functionality also allows communities to mark items delivered by the supplier as returned and also make changes to the received quantity if an error is made. Returns is an optional feature that must be enabled for your community for these functions to be available.
|Note: Marking an item as Returned is for receiving accuracy only. Please reach out to your supplier to process returning an item.|
If your community has the Returns feature enabled you can record returns in Unimarket. This is for receiving information only, it does not pass information to the supplier.
- If the receiving is closed you will need to Reopen it before you can Return. You can do this by clicking Reopen next to the relevant item. You will then need to add a note and can press OK.
- If the receiving was not closed or you have already taken the above step to Reopen it for the relevant item, you will then press Receive next to the item and from the Action dropdown select Return and fill out the required fields that are marked with the red asterisk.
|Note: You will have two Return options - return items that you have already received in the system or return items that have just been delivered.|
- You will then need to select whether you are returning items that you have already received in the system or items that have just been delivered depending on the way your Community is configured. Returning previously received items will modify the received quantity on the PO line item. Returning items just delivered will have no effect on the quantity received listed on the line item.
- Select the appropriate option and complete the details, including the Return Quantity, a Return Action and Return Code and press OK.
- Once you've taken all the necessary actions to return the relevant item(s) you will want to manually close the order. You can do this by clicking on the Receive next to the relevant item(s) and then choose Manually Close. You can then enter a note and select OK.
To view the Receiving History for the line, including any returns click on the icon from the Receiving page or the View Order page.