Release 6.5 represents a milestone of over 150 changes deployed since the major release of version 6, as well as a small number of quality of life enhancements such as improvements to our Approvals process and more ability to search for Locations.
What's new in Unimarket 6.5
Approvals - Configurable Escalation
A number of customers were using a workaround to avoid approvals entering our Automatic Escalation process. To make managing Approvals easier, we have redesigned this tab and added new options to disable or enable both Automatic and Manual escalation so that you can configure approvals the way you need.
Approvals - Add a new Account Code Rule Set
Previously, any new Account Code Rules would be dropped to the end of your rule set, requiring you to manually position them in the correct sequence. You can now use 'Add Below' to add Rule Sets where they are needed, so that no reordering is needed.
Locations - Search for addresses
For larger organisations, managing addresses can be quite challenging. Our Location Search is now available on both the Shipping and Billing tabs in the Organisations menu to help you quickly find the right address.
In the below example, searching for 'reg' returned the address for the registrar based on the value in Line 1. However, the search will look for results in any of the fields you use - Code, Display Value, State and so on.
Blanket Orders - Displaying if the order will be emailed to supplier
When creating a Blanket Order, there is a checkbox option which allows you to email the order to the supplier. This email selection is now shown on the Blanket Requisition, so that buyers and approvers can see if the supplier has already been notified about the order.
Other fixes and improvements
Below are highlights from the over 150 fixes and smaller improvements since the release of 6.0:
- Product Quantity fields are now larger.
- Customised Dates are also available in search screens that allow them.
- An issue with GST missing from some orders has been resolved.
- A number of UI fixes have been made to Shopping Lists.
- Performance enhancements have been made to our Payment Upload Process.
- Creating a Non-Catalogue Order now only shows 5 suggested products. We are working on further improvements to this process.
- Empty approval chains are now skipped instead of causing the Approvals to get stuck.
We are continuing to work on a number of enhancements to our Forms and Contracts functionality and will have more details on these in coming releases.