You must have the Contracts Administrator role, View Contracts role or be a member of a contract with the Create Contracts role in order to view a contract.
All contracts can be viewed by selecting the Contracts page from the page selector on the left of the screen and then selecting View Contracts from the options menu to the left of that.
Here you can search and view the details of your community contracts. If you are a member of the contract with edit permission you can also make changes that need to be made to a contract from here, including copying, amending or renewing a contract.
When a user navigates to View Contracts, there are a number of filters that can be used to help users search for the contract(s) they are looking for. To view all search options, click the small More Options arrow below the filters.
- Contract Name / Description - This will filter any information from the Contract Name, Number or Description. This field should make it easy to find a contract using specific keywords.
- Counterpart - Filters all contracts by counterpart (the party the contract applies to).
- Dates - The pre-determined date ranges for Contract End Date include 30, 60 and 90 days. Otherwise, you can choose 'Custom Dates' to search within a date range.
- State - This allows a user to filter contracts by Active, Expired, Cancelled or Pending. If your community has a contract workflow uploaded then you can also search by any custom states that have been used. If the user would like to view contracts from any state, this category can be changed to blank, turning off the option to filter by state.
- Initiator/Owner - Filters all contracts by who the initiator or owner of the contract is.
- Contract Number - If the user knows the number of the contract they are looking for, this filter will make their search quick and easy.
- Organization Unit - If your contract is assigned to an Org Unit, you can filter the Org Units you belong to.
- Contract Type - If your community has defined contracts types, you can filter your search based on the contract types used.
You can view the details of the contract by clicking on the contract number or name. Users with the View Contracts role can view the Counterpart (including contact details), Leadsheet, Bid, Members, Alerts, Renewals and Comments. Members with the view permission will also be able to view the Documents and Transactions tabs. Members with the edit permission can see the same tabs and can also perform a number of actions, including copying, amending or renewing a contract.
When you open a contract there is a menu in the top right corner of the screen called 'Actions'. This menu has various actions you can execute which affect the contract you are in. These actions are listed below:
This is used to make any changes to an existing contract. For more information on amending contracts click here.
The Copy function found allows you to use an existing contract as a template for creating a new contract. This is particularly useful if you have many contracts with similar terms. One contract can be created as a template and reused as many times as the user likes. It also allows you to change the contract number or generate a new number automatically every time. This gives the user a way to distinguish between contracts that may have been copied. This differs from a contract renewal which maintains the same contract number as it's previous version.
The 'Renew' function allows for copying all the details of an existing contract with the ability to make changes. For more information on renewals click here.
A contract can easily be cancelled by selecting Cancel. Users are given the option to supply details about why the contract is being cancelled. Cancelled contracts are always saved in the system, so users can recall a cancelled contract and copy them into a new contract or reference at any time if needed.
Some links are created automatically, for example when a contract is renewed or copied.
Community Administrators can also set up community defined Link Types (for information on how to set up link types see the Contracts Administration Module.
To link a contract to another select +Link, choose the relevant link type from those set up by your Community Administrator and select the target contract. You can view how contracts are linked from the contract's leadsheet.
Contracts can now be easily shared with other Unimarket users. From the Actions menu, select Share Contract Link and this new screen will be displayed.