You must have the Contracts Administrator role, View Contracts role or be a member of a contract with the Create Contracts role in order to view a contract.
All contracts can be viewed by selecting Contracts from the module switcher. You can search and view the details of your community contracts on the Contracts page. If you are a member of the contract with edit permission you can also make changes to contracts, including copying, amending or renewing a contract.
When a user navigates to Contracts, there are a number of filters that can be used to help search for the contract(s) they are looking for. To view all search options, click the Filters button on the top right (you can also hide the filters by pressing the button again).
- Search Contracts - This searches the contract number, name, description and any attachment names.
- Contract End Date - This allows you to search by the contract end date.
- Counterpart - Filters all contracts by counterpart (the party the contract applies to).
- State - This allows a user to filter contracts by Active or Pending. If your community has a contract workflow uploaded then you can also search by any custom states that have been used. If the user would like to include Expired and Canceled contracts, they can tick the box under State to include these in their search.
- Buyer - Filters all contracts by who the initiator or owner of the contract is.
- Contract Number - If the user knows the number of the contract they are looking for, this filter will make their search quick and easy.
- Organization Unit - If your contract is assigned to an Org Unit, you can filter the Org Units you belong to.
You can view the details of the contract by clicking on the contract number or name. Users with the View Contracts role can view the Counterpart (including contact details), Leadsheet, Bid, Members, Alerts, Renewals and Comments. Members with the view permission will also be able to view the Documents and Transactions tabs. Members with the edit permission can see the same tabs and can also perform a number of actions, including copying, amending or renewing a contract.
When you open a contract there is a menu in the top right corner of the screen called More Actions. This menu has various actions you can execute which affect the contract you are in. These actions are listed below:
This is used to make any changes to an existing contract. See our Amending a Contract help article for a detailed guide.
The Copy function found allows you to use an existing contract as a template for creating a new contract. This is particularly useful if you have many contracts with similar terms. One contract can be created as a template and reused as many times as the user likes. It also allows you to change the contract number or generate a new number automatically every time. This gives the user a way to distinguish between contracts that may have been copied. This differs from a contract renewal which maintains the same contract number as it's previous version.
The 'Renew' function allows for copying all the details of an existing contract with the ability to make changes. Unlike the 'Copy' function, the 'Renew' function keeps the same contract number, linking the renewal to the previous contract. You can find more information on Renewing a Contract on the dedicated help page.
A contract can easily be cancelled by selecting Cancel. Users are given the option to supply details about why the contract is being cancelled. Cancelled contracts are always saved in the system, so users can recall a cancelled contract and copy them into a new contract or reference at any time if needed.
Some links are created automatically, for example when a contract is renewed or copied.
Community Administrators can also set up community defined Link Types (for information on how to set up link types see the Contracts Administration Module.
To link a contract to another select +Link, choose the relevant link type from those set up by your Community Administrator and select the target contract. You can view how contracts are linked from the contract's leadsheet.
When a Contract is created or amended the user completing this process is able to adjust the visibility of Documents at the Contract and Document level to be either visible to all users who can access the contract in Unimarket or only to Members of the Contract.
Contracts can now be easily shared with other Unimarket users. From the More Actions menu, select Share Contract Link and this pop up will be displayed.