When users request a new or existing supplier be connected to the community, a user with the Supplier Request Administrator or Community Administrator role is selected to action the request. They are notified via email and a task will appear in their Tasks menu. Users can request New Suppliers or Request Access to a Supplier from the Unimarket Directory.
Approving/Decline a New Supplier Request
- Select Supplier Requests from the Tasks menu and ensure the State search filter is set to Pending.
|Note: Requests for access to existing suppliers already in the Unimarket Directory will display Unimarket in the Type column and new supplier requests will display New.|
- Click on the supplier name and a pop-up window will appear with the supplier details.
- Enter any notes needed in the comments box and select either Accept or Decline.
- If the Supplier Request Administrator or Community Administration user has accepted the request they will be taken to the Add Supplier pop-up window. The supplier information is already populated and the supplier requirements can be set.
|Note: If the request is declined the end user will be sent a notification by email including the reason provided in the comments.|
- Once the requirements are set, click Add and an email invitation will be automatically sent to the Supplier asking them to register.
- The Status will also change to Accepted in the Supplier Requests page.
- When the Supplier has accepted the invitation, completed the registration and met the requirements, you will receive a notification to review and validate the information provided by the newly requested supplier.
- To finalize the connection to the new supplier select Suppliers from the Administration module, change the State search filter to Pending and click Search.
- Open the supplier profile by clicking on the supplier name and select +Connect from the More Actions menu on the top right right of the screen.
- Once connected the end user will be notified via email.
|Note: If no buyer groups are selected this will need to be added later via the Supplier Administration page. For more on updating suppliers see Editing a Supplier.|
Pending – The request is under review by a Supplier Request or Community Administrator.
Accepted – The request has been approved and an invitation has been sent to either the supplier’s email address provided in the Supplier Request form or, the email address specified by the existing supplier.
Completed – Supplier has completed the registration and the registration is under review (Pending status on Supplier Administration page). Once the supplier is Connected, the requesting user will receive the email notification that the supplier is available.
Declined – The request has been declined. An email notification will also be sent to you if your request is declined with the reason provided.
Deleted – This request has been deleted by the requesting user (only the requesting user can Delete a request).