Tags can be found in the Administration module > Settings > Management tab > Tags tab. Tags allow communities to group suppliers with purchasing categories like 'Office Supplies' while also grouping them in broader cross-cutting categories such as 'Sustainable' or 'Preferred'. Tags can be attached to suppliers and are visible within the search results and the View Suppliers page.
In addition to tagging suppliers, communities can also apply a 'boost' to the tag so that any supplier with the tag will be boosted in the search results. This is a great tool for strategic procurement as it will allow procurement managers to gently push buyers towards the desired suppliers. For example, if the 'Preferred' tag is boosted then any supplier meeting the search criteria AND tagged with Preferred will appear at the top.
Products within a Hosted Catalog can also be given a “Tag”. These Tags can be used to apply a search boost on a specific product within a Hosted Catalog which would move that specific item to the top of your search results.
Tags can also be used to assist Account Payable with managing invoices sent to the Unimarket Invoice Inbox. The invoice stub can be assigned "Tags" to help identify who within Accounts Payable is responsible for reviewing the invoice.
Within Unimarket, go to Administration > Settings > Management > Tags.
- Select Add Tag at the top of the Tags tab and complete the details.
- Once the tag has been created you can assign the tag to a supplier on the Community tab when editing a supplier.
- Make sure to select the correct Type of Tag that you’re creating.
If the Tag created was a Supplier Tag, you can assign the tag to a supplier on the Community tab when editing a supplier.
- If the Tag created was a Product Tag, a community administrator, catalog administrator or supplier administrator can assign the tag to a specific product by viewing the product and clicking the small tag icon in the Details section
- If the Tag created was for the Invoice Inbox, then someone with the Create Invoices role will have the ability to apply Tags to the individual “Invoice Stubs” as seen below.
You can apply a Tag to the Invoice Stub to alert your other team members that someone is working on an invoice and they can move on to the next one in the queue.