A Lite Supplier is a set of contact details for a supplier you wish to purchase from. These details, including the purchase order email address, are uploaded and managed by your Community Administrator. This means the supplier has no access to the Unimarket UI but buyers are able to create POs with manually entered (non-catalog) items to send via email.
If you are uploading a lot of Lite (non-catalog) suppliers at once, this method may be easier than manually entering them one at a time in Unimarket, which is easier if its only one or two suppliers. See steps below for instructions:
- Go to the Administration module > Administration > Suppliers > Create Lite.
- Download the CSV Supplier Load Template and enter the lite suppliers details.
Details of the required data in the Supplier Load Template are below:
|STATE_OR_REGION||Text||N||200||Must be blank or match a valid region/state name or code.|
|COUNTRY||Text||N||200||Must match the 2-letter ISO 3166-1 code (eg "US", "NZ", "AU") or the full name (eg "New Zealand").|
|REMITTANCE_STATE_OR_REGION||Text||N||200||Must be blank or match a valid region/state name or code.|
|REMITTANCE_COUNTRY||Text||N||200||Must match the 2-letter ISO 3166-1 code (eg "US", "NZ", "AU") or the full name (eg "New Zealand").|
|GROUP_NAMES||Text||N||Comma separated list of existing Buyer Group names|
|CURRENCY||Text||Y||3||3-letter currency code, eg USD, NZD, AUD|
|TAGS||Text||N||Comma separated list of existing Tag names|
|SEARCH TERMS||Text||N||1000||Comma separated list of existing or new Search Terms|
- Once you have all the supplier details in the CSV file save it.
- Click Choose File, browse and select the CSV file and click Upload.
- Once uploaded, verify all requirements are met by clicking the Refresh option near the bottom of the page. This will check the imported items for any errors. Correct any errors at this time and choose Refresh until all lite suppliers are marked as Ready.
- Once all lite suppliers are imported and verified, select Create to publish your lite suppliers.
Status of the Lite Supplier Creation
- Unprocessed - the supplier details were loaded but have not yet been validated. Selecting the supplier with the check box and clicking the Create or Refresh options at the bottom of the page will process the validation.
- Error - the supplier information has been processed and there is an error in the validation of the supplier details. Errors can represent an insufficient number of characters for a zip code, a bad currency code, or anything related to the required fields. If the country (not required) is defined for the address, then the system will ask for the Street 1, City, State and Zip code to be entered.
- Duplicate - the supplier name matches another supplier in your system. This is often because the supplier received a notification to become a registered supplier. The matched duplicate will appear in a drop-down menu allowing you to verify and clean up any duplicates found.
- Ready - after selecting Refresh, the validation process has passed and no errors were found. The supplier is now ready to be created by selecting the supplier and clicking the Create button at the bottom of the screen.