A Lite Supplier is a set of details for a supplier you wish to purchase from. These details, including the purchase order email address, are uploaded and managed by your Community Administrator. This means the supplier has no access to Unimarket however, buyers are able to create POs with manually entered (non-catalog) items to send via email.
If you are uploading a lot of Lite Suppliers at once, this method may be easier than manually entering them one at a time in Unimarket, which is ideal if its only one or two suppliers.
Uploading Lite Suppliers
- Go to the Administration module > Suppliers > Create Lite.
- Download the Lite Supplier Template CSV and enter the Lite Suppliers details.
Details of the required information in the Supplier Load Template are below:
Column Mandatory Length Comments Company Y 255 The name of the Lite Supplier in Unimarket Contact Name N 255 Contact Email N 255 Contact Phone N 20 Order Email N 255 Address Line 1 N 200 Address Line 2 N 200 Address Line 3 N 200 City N 200 State N 200Must be blank or match a valid region/state name or code. Zip N 20 Zip/Postcode Country N 200Must match the 2-letter ISO 3166-1 code (eg "US", "NZ", "AU") or the full name (eg "New Zealand"). Remittance Address Line 1 N 200 Remittance Address Line 2 N 200 Remittance Address Line 3 N 200 Remittance City N 200 Remittance State N 200Must be blank or match a valid region/state name or code. Remittance Zip N 20 Zip/Postcode Remittance Country N 200Must match the 2-letter ISO 3166-1 code (eg "US", "NZ", "AU") or the full name (eg "New Zealand"). Account Number N 255 Vendor Number N 255 Tax Number N 255 Currency Y 33-letter currency code, eg USD, NZD, AUD Group Names NComma separated list of existing Buyer Group names Tags NComma separated list of existing Tag names Search Terms N 1000Comma separated list of existing or new Search Terms
- Once you have all the supplier details in the CSV file save it.
- Click browse and select the CSV file and click Upload.
- Once uploaded, verify all requirements are met by clicking the Refresh option near the bottom of the page. This will check the imported items for any errors. Correct any errors at this time and choose Refresh until all lite suppliers are marked as Ready.
- Once all lite suppliers are imported and verified, select Create to publish your lite suppliers.
Status of the Lite Supplier Creation
- Unprocessed - the supplier details were loaded but have not yet been validated. Selecting the supplier with the check box and clicking the Create or Refresh options at the bottom of the page will process the validation.
- Error - the supplier information has been processed and there is an error in the validation of the supplier details. Errors can represent an insufficient number of characters for a zip code, a bad currency code, or anything related to the required fields. If the country (not required) is defined for the address, then the system will ask for the Street 1, City, State and Zip code to be entered.
- Duplicate - the supplier name matches another supplier in your system. This is often because the supplier received a notification to become a registered supplier. The matched duplicate will appear in a drop-down menu allowing you to verify and clean up any duplicates found.
- Ready - after selecting Refresh, the validation process has passed and no errors were found. The supplier is now ready to be created by selecting the supplier and clicking the Create button at the bottom of the screen.