A Request for Quote is defined in Unimarket as a process whereby a Buyer creates a request stipulating goods/services they would like fulfilled and sends the request to one or more Premium suppliers.
Put simply, a Request for Quote is a quick way for Buyers to get quotes from their Premium suppliers, without having to go through a formal process.
View Requests for Quote
Once the buyer has created an RFQ the participating Premium Suppliers will receive an email notification that a Request for Quote (RFQ) has been received.
To view the RFQ and respond with a quote, login to your Unimarket store by going to:
- https://supplier.unimarket.com - for the US
- https://supplier.unimarket.co.nz - for New Zealand
- https://supplier.unimarket.com.au - for Australia
There are three ways to view the quote:
- 'Recent Requests for Quote' on the Supplier Dashboard (View the specific RFQ)
- 'View Requests for Quote' from the left side hamburger menu (View a list of all recent RFQs)
- 'Requests for Quote' from the right Tasks menu (View a list of all recent RFQs)
Once you have navigated to the 'Requests for Quote' screen open the desired quote by clicking on the name.
Once you are in the quote, you'll see a summary of the RFQ and the contact details for the requester.
|Note: If the requester has included attachments there will be another tab next to the Header tab named Attachments where you can go to view them.|
- To accept the RFQ click Accept, this will send a notification to the buyer that you will be responding to the RFQ.
- There will now be a button that says Create Quote in place of the Accept button, click this to create a quote and send it to the buyer for review.
- You will now need to enter the quote information shown below:
- Click +Add Item to enter the details for an item you will be including in the quote, as shown below:
- Click Add if you are only quoting on one item and Add More if you would like to add more items to the quote.
- Once you are happy with the items you have included click Create to submit and send the quote to the buyer.
Review / Edit Quote
Once you've submitted the quote, you'll notice a new Quote tab appear inside the quote next to the Header tab and Attachments tab if attachments were included by the buyer. You can update the quote using the Edit Quote option within the More Actions menu.