The Upload Users screen can be found in the Administration module > Users > Upload Users tab. On this tab the community can upload new users in bulk using a CSV flat file template available from the upload screen.
- Go to the Administration module > Users > Upload Users.
- Download the CSV Users Template and enter the user details.
Details of the CSV flat file template fields are below:
|Username||Text||Y||255||Must be unique|
|Display Name||Text||N||255||Display Name works like a nickname, where if a user's first name was Daniel they might want to use Dan. This field is used to allow better searchability for a user.|
|Text||Y||255||Must be a valid email address|
|Enabled||Y/N||N||Defaults to Y|
|External User Management||Y/N||N||Defaults to Y|
|External User ID||Text||N||255|
|Self Approval Level||Text||N||255||Must be blank or match an existing approval level name|
|Org Units||N||Comma separated list of existing Organisation Unit names.|
|On Behalf Of Org Units||N||Comma separated list of existing Organisation Unit names|
|Roles||N||Comma separated list of existing User Roles names|
|Buyer Groups||N||Comma separated list of existing Buyer Group names|
|Phone||Text||N||47||prefix-number-extension with length limits 5-20-20|
- Once you have all the user details entered in the CSV file save it.
- Click browse and select the your CSV file.
- In the Missing User Actions dropdown select if you wish to Ignore or Disable users not included in the CSV file.
- Click Upload.
- If there are any errors a red error message will appear on the screen advising you of what they are which you will need to fix in the CSV file and reload it.
- Once all users are imported you can either click Invite Users at the bottom of the page or go to the Invite Users tab and send the invite from there.
- If you have sent the user an invite their user login will appear as disabled and will not be enabled until the user finishes the setup. You can see users that have been sent an invitation and whether they are enabled or not by going to the Invite Users tab.
- All the comma separated lists will need to be within quotation marks (" "). Excel and other apps should do this automatically.
- The Column names should not be changed, otherwise the CSV will not load.
- Roles should reference the valid User Roles in the system.
- Organisation Units (Org Unit), Buyer Groups and Self Approval Levels should reference a valid Org Unit, Buyer Group and/or Self Approval Level that you have setup in the system before loading the users (do that first).
- You can use the User Upload process to Bulk Change existing users, for example to assign roles or other information to all users.
Uploading User Data via Automation
Unimarket also offers customers the ability to update account code data by automatic upload. Speak to your Account Manager for further details.