Accounts codes can be found in the the Administration module > Settings > Management tab > Account Codes tab. The community can configure one or many account code formats that are used to code the requisition lines (also known as GL account codes). These should match the format used in the organizations Financial System (ERP). Codes can either be loaded as a Regular Expression, which requires the user to enter the code, or as a Picklist, which allows the community to upload a list of pre-defined codes that users will select. Multiple formats can be loaded if required. For example, a community may want to code requisitions against GL Codes and against Project Codes. If multiple formats are loaded the user will select which format during the checkout process (at a line by line level).
Creating Account Code Formats
- Go to the Administration module > Settings > Management tab > Account Codes tab and click Add Account Code Format.
- Provide a code and a name for the format. Users will select the name if there are multiple formats created.
- Define the account code Parts. This determines the number and format of the boxes displayed in the checkout process. Each part can be defined as a Regular Expression or a Picklist (see above). Check Optional if entry of data into this field is optional for users.
- Use the Depends On fields to set dependency between Parts e.g. a selection in Part A filters the available options in Part B .
|Note: The format of the uploaded values must also reflect any dependency.|
It is also possible to limit access to account codes based on the organization units the user is a member of, for information on how to set this up also see Setup and Manage Approvals.
To see how to filter or restrict Account Codes by Organization Unit, see the Org Unit help article
Exporting Current Account Codes
The Community Administrator and Community Management roles have access to the Community Management pages.
- Go to Administration Module > Settings > Management.
- Go to Account Codes tab.
- Click on an existing code or name of the Account Code format ('code' in the screenshot above).
- Click More Actions and select Download. This downloads an .CSV file to your default downloads folder.
Adding / Editing Account Code Information
- Open downloaded .CSV file
- The following columns are found in the file:
|Value||Text||Y||25||The short code for the account code that will be used as the value in the account code string.|
|Description||Text||N||100||A description of this value. This is used when searching for parts and is shown in tooltips on completed account codes (eg when viewing an order).|
- Add any new account codes or change any existing account codes.
- Save the excel account code template as a .CSV file by clicking Save or Save as.
- You will be notified by Excel that there are formatting restrictions, click Ok.
- Save the file to a folder or location on your computer that you will be able to find the file for uploading. Saving the file does not automatically update the information in Unimarket. See the next section for uploading instructions.
Note: If leading zeros are required:
Uploading Account Codes
- Return to Manage Account Code page in Unimarket.
- Click Upload.
- Click Choose File and locate the recently saved .CSV file.
- Once you have made your selection, click Upload.
|Note: Uploading a new account code file will overwrite all existing accounts in Unimarket but existing requisitions and orders will not be affected.|
The update can take a few minutes based on the size of the file. When it is complete, you will receive the message Account Code Uploaded.
|Note: If you are routing approvals using account codes, make sure to add a mapping to any new accounts that have been loaded to ensure that requisitions using the new accounts are routed to the expected approval chain. If you have account code rules set up for organization units (to restrict access) you may need to update the relevant organization unit patterns accordingly.|