Location Codes are selected by Users during the checkout process which define the Bill To and the Ship To locations for the order. The Location Codes available to each User are based on their Organization.
|Note: Unimarket will default to each user's last used ShipTo location when they create a new requisition, UNLESS they are copying a requisition, in which case it will copy those same details for the original document they are copying.|
Location Codes can be found in the Administration Module by selecting Organizations, clicking on the Organization and selecting the Locations tab.
Export Location Codes
You are able to export your current locations in a CSV file which you can open in your preferred spreadsheet application. The spreadsheet contains the fields in the table below.
To download an export go to the Download tab under the Locations tab and select Download.
|Code||A unique identifier for the Location Code.||Yes||255|
|Name||The name of the recipient for the address.||Yes||255|
|Display Name||The name visible in the dropdown menu for your Buyers when selecting an address.||Yes||255|
|Attention||Used to direct to a specific person or team.
If this blank it will show the Buyer on the order.
|Bill To||Indicates if the address is a Bill To address. Enter as Y or N for Yes or No.||Yes||1|
|Ship To||Indicates if the address is a Ship To address. Enter Y or N for Yes or No.||Yes||1|
|Default Bill To||Defines the default Bill To Address. Enter Y or N for Yes or No. You may only have one default Bill To Address per Organisation.||Yes||1|
|Default Ship To||Defines the default Ship To Address. Enter Y or N for Yes or No. You may only have one default Ship To Address per Organisation.||Yes||1|
|Address Line 1||The first line for the address.||Yes||200|
|Address Line 2||The second line for the address.||No||200|
|Address Line 3||The third line for the address.||No||200|
|City||The City for the address.||Yes||200|
|Region Or State||The Region Or State for the address.||Yes||255|
|Zip||The Zip or postcode for the address.||Yes||20|
|Country||The Country for the address.||Yes||255|
|Note: The Display Value is what users will select on screen during checkout. Make this easy to distinguish.|
Bulk Update Location Codes
You can download the Location Codes Template or a Location Codes Export to add or update multiple location codes at once by following the below steps:
- Download a locations export or the Location Codes Template.
- Open this in your preferred spreadsheet application.
- Edit or add to the org units as needed.
- Once the spreadsheet is ready save it as a CSV file.
- Go to the Upload tab within the Locations tab, browse and select the CSV file.
- The 'Delete Existing Locations' check will delete and replace all locations with the contents of the new upload file if checked. Otherwise new Location Codes in your upload will be added, and existing codes will be updated.
- Once ready click Upload.
You can add a single location by clicking Add Location on the Billing or Shipping tabs.
This will generate a pop-up where you can enter the details of the address. Once you have entered all the required details click Save to add the address to your Organisation.
Editing an Address
If only a single address needs to be updated you can do this by following the below steps.
- Go to the Billing or Shipping tab depending on the type of address you need to update.
- Search for the address you need to update.
- Click Edit to the right of the Address to open the Edit Location pop-up. To remove an address from a location click Delete
- Update the Location details with the information required.
- Click Save to apply the update to the Location Code.
|Note: If the location in the user's last used default is edited in the system settings (for example renaming a location or making changes to the address), the system will set any users that had that location to the default. This is because a changed location is a new database entry, so Unimarket will not recognize the newly edited location as being the same as their original location.|