Location Codes can be found by selecting Organizations from the Administration menu, clicking on the organization who's locations you'd like to see and selecting the Locations tab.
Location codes are selected by users during the checkout process. They define the Billing and the Shipping locations for the order.
Adding or Editing Locations
If you prefer to export (download) your locations to edit them or add new ones see steps below:
- Go to the Download tab under the Locations tab and select Download.
- The locations information will be exported via a standard CSV file.download which you can open in Excel or a similar program.
The columns found in the template are as follows:
|ATTENTION||Text||N||255||Only used for Bill To locations.|
|BILL_TO||Y/N||Y||1||Can this be used as a Bill To location?|
|SHIP_TO||Y/N||Y||1||Can this be used as a Ship To location?|
|DEFAULT_BILL_TO||Y/N||Y||1||Is this the default Bill To location? Can only be Y for one row.|
|DEFAULT_SHIP_TO||Y/N||Y||1||Is this the default Ship To location? Can only be Y for one row.|
|ZIP||Text||20||POSTCODE||Must be blank or match a valid region/state name or code. Mandatory if Country is US.|
|STATE||Text||255||REGION, REGION_OR_STATE||Zip/Postcode. Mandatory if Country is US.|
|COUNTRY||Text||Y||255||Must match the 2-letter ISO 3166-1 code (eg "NZ") or the full name (eg "New Zealand").|
- Edit or add to the org units as needed.
- Once you are happy with the spreadsheet save it as a CSV file.
- Go to the Upload tab within the Locations tab, browse and select the CSV file.
- There is a checkbox called 'Delete Existing Locations' which will delete and replace all locations with the contents of the new upload file if checked. If you do not select the checkbox, new Location Codes in your upload will be added, and the data of existing codes can be modified.
As an example, imagine Unimarket moves to an office on a different floor and needs to modify this location code Local1:
In the upload file, we could include a row for Local1 with a new Address Line 1 "Level 4". This value would be updated, but all other data would be retained.
- Once happy click Upload.
Single locations can also be added by clicking Add Location on the Billing or Shipping tabs. Existing locations can also be edited or deleted from these pages if required.
|Note: The Display Value is what users will select on screen during checkout. Make this easy to distinguish.|