In Unimarket, a "Contact" is defined as a set of contact details and role specific email addresses that can be assigned to one or many customers. Adding new contacts is useful if you have more than one customer assigned to your store, or you expect to have new customers assigned to your store.
Create/Edit a Contact
- From the Profile section within your Tasks menu, select Company Profile and then click on the Contacts tab.
- The Default Contact is the contact that will automatically be assigned to any new customers. However, if you have added multiple contacts you can assign these to customers instead of the default.
- To edit a contact, select Edit to the right of the contact and a pop-up form will display where you can edit the contact details including the email contacts. Then once the changes are done, click OK to save it.
- To add a new contact, click on Add Contact and a pop-up form will display.
- Add Contact
- Name: This is a mandatory field. This can be the name of a person or the name of a support team (e.g. "Higher-Ed Customer Service")
- Phone: This is a mandatory field. This should be a phone number that is attended during business hours.
- Fax: This is not a mandatory field. This should be a fax number that is attended during business hours
- Default: This is a mandatory field. Any other email addresses left blank will default to this email address. This should be an email address that is attended to during business hours.
- Bid Requests: This email address will be notified of any bid requests generated by an assigned customer.
- Community Forums: This email address will be notified of any Community Forum messages, (including notifications of new Customers connecting with the Supplier Store).
- Integration: The email address used to receive integration notifications. (This will only show as an option when there is an integration set up).
- Orders: The email address Orders and Order Cancellations will be sent to.
- Invoicing: The email address Invoice Matching notifications are sent to.
- RFQ: The email address Requests For Quote are sent to.
- Remittance Name: The name to be used when sending remittance.
- Remittance Email: The best email address to send remittance to.
- Remittance Address: The best postal address to send remittance to. Select either 'Same as Physical Address' or complete fields below.
- Once you have finished completing the form, click OK.
|Note: If you have Order Integration, you may not want Order Cancellations or Order emails to be sent via Unimarket. Please contact Unimarket Support at email@example.com if you have any concerns or questions.|
Assign a Contact to a Customer
If you are connected to more than one customer, you may want each customer to have a different contact. Once you've added a new contact, you can assign them to a customer.
- Go to the Customer page found under the Profile section within the Tasks menu.
- Click on the desired customer name to display the Customer details page.
- Under the Customer Contact drop down menu, select which contact you would like to assign to the customer.
- Once you are happy with your selection, click Save at the bottom of the page.
Email Notifications - Add/Edit Contacts
From time to time you will receive email notifications from Unimarket to keep you up-to-date with notifications about new Customers connecting with your Store, Catalog uploads, Bid notifications etc. You have the ability to assign different email addresses to each type of email.
To edit your contacts, select Company Profile from the Profile section within your Tasks menu, go to the Contacts tab and click Edit beside the appropriate contact. Any email fields left blank will apply the Default Contact address.