The Invoice Inbox is a central area in Unimarket that allows suppliers to submit invoices electronically via email. The Invoice Inbox will give Accounts Payable users (Create Invoices role) the ability to process invoices submitted to the inbox easily with an "invoice stub" that can be linked to the order by referencing the order number in the subject line of the email from the supplier or, manually linked after it arrives.
|Note: If Buyers Can Invoice Orders is also enabled and either:
The Invoice Inbox will not be enabled automatically for customers that have the invoice module enabled. Contact your Unimarket account manager or support to request the Invoice Inbox be enabled for your community. The Invoice Inbox can be found within the Invoices menu found in the Invoices module at the top left of the page for those users that have the Create Invoices role.
- Dedicated Invoice Inbox email address per customer - Each customer community will have a unique email address to provide to the suppliers that they wish to submit their invoices via the Invoice Inbox.
- Linking the emailed invoice to a PO - The invoice inbox will read the subject line of the inbound emails from the suppliers to find any related POs existing in your Unimarket eProcurement system. When a PO number is found in the invoice email subject, Unimarket will link the PO to the invoice stub for quick and easy +creation of the invoice using the line details from the PO.
- Supplier Email Recognition - As the suppliers begin emailing their invoices into the Invoice Inbox, Unimarket will recognize the email address that a specific supplier's invoices come from and learn to link the invoice stub to that supplier if they do not enter the related PO into the email subject line.
|Note: For customers who have users from within their own community emailing invoices they have received directly from a supplier, the supplier email recognition won't automatically link any emails that come from an address using the same domain as the default email in the community settings (email@example.com). This way community users can email invoices for many different suppliers and their address won't get linked to a specific supplier.|
- Easy attachments - The invoice stub will contain any attachments from the email received plus the email message for any relevant information about the invoice or supplier. The attachments can be easily previewed in the browser (using the eye icon) individually, they can all be downloaded in one file by selecting Download All and the attachments will carry over the created invoices. You will never need to save and reattach an invoice attachment again.
- Invoice Inbox Search:
- Supplier Name
- Supplier Email Address
- Supplier Vendor ID
- Email Subject
- Attachment File Name
- Ready - the invoice stub is ready to be turned into an invoice
- Deleted - the invoice stub has been deleted. The deleted invoice stubs will not be visible in the default view and will need to be searched specifically to keep the inbox clear
- Invoice Created - the invoice stub was turned into an invoice. A link to the created invoice will be on the invoice stub.
- Processing - The invoice attachment is being read and scanned (only with optional module for scanning solution)
- Error - The invoice attachment could not be fully read by the scanning solution and needs human attention (only with optional module for scanning solution)
- Incomplete - The invoice stub is being edited for update or correct read information and has not been completed (only with optional module for scanning solution)
- Tag - The invoice stub can be assigned "Tags" to help identify who within Accounts Payable is responsible for reviewing the invoice.
- The all-in-one search field in the Invoice Inbox allows you to search for any invoice stub received from a supplier emailed invoice by searching for the Supplier Name, Vendor ID, Order Number, Email Address, Email Subject and Attachment Filename.
- The State field for the Invoice Inbox search contains the different states for an invoice stub.
- Spam Filtering:
- Spam filtering is automatically enabled for inbound invoice emails and administrators are able to adjust the spam threshold to ensure it filters at a level suited to the community. For more on this see Community Settings.
When an invoice is submitted to the Invoice Inbox, the user will see either 2 or 3 options available:
- Invoice Order - If the invoice has been linked to an order and the order is able to be invoiced this will take you to the Invoice Order screen to flip the order into an invoice.
- Review - Navigates you to the invoice Review screen to allow users to view the invoice document on screen and search for the correct supplier and/or order.
- Delete - Deleting an invoice stub will remove it from the standard view but can be seen if searched for the Deleted state.
|Note: If the invoice has been assigned to you to process you will receive an email notification advising you of this from the email address setup in the community settings under Invoicing. Please refer to the Invoice Inbox - Buyers Can Invoice Orders help article for more information.|
The invoice Review screen allows users to view the invoice document on screen and search for the correct supplier and/or order. Users can also reassign the buyer, un-assign from the buyer and change/edit the linked order.
If you want to know more about Creating Electronic Invoices, click here.