The Returns functionality allows communities to return items delivered by the supplier and also make changes to the received quantity if an error is made. Returns is an optional feature that must be enabled for your community for these functions to be available.
If your community has the Returns feature enabled you can undo your previous receiving action, for example, if you receive the wrong quantity or you decide to return an item after it has been received in the system.
- Go to Receiving from the Orders section within your Marketplace module.
- Using the search filters at the top of the page locate the order with the receiving action you would like to undo.
- If the receiving is closed you will need to reopen it before you can Undo.
- Select the icon in the Received column to open the Receiving History window.
- Click on Undo next to the last receiving action, which will reverse it completely. You can add notes when undoing a receiving action.
- Once the most recent action has been reversed the previous one becomes available to undo, all the way back to the start of the receiving history.
- Select Show Hidden Receiving History to see actions that have been undone.
If your community has the Returns feature enabled you can record returns in Unimarket. This is for receiving information only, it does not pass information to the supplier.
- If the receiving is closed you will need to reopen it before you can Return.
- Select Receive next to the relevant item.
- From the Actions dropdown select Return.
|Note: If your Community only has Returns enabled and not Return New Items, the Return option will only appear if you have previously received a quantity. If you have both enabled, you will have two Return options - return items that you have already received in the system or return items that have just been delivered.|
- You may then be asked to select whether you are returning items that you have already received in the system or items that have just been delivered depending on the way your Community is configured. Returning previously received items will modify the received quantity on the PO line item. Returning items just delivered will have no effect on the quantity received listed on the line item.
- Select the appropriate option and complete the details, including the Return Quantity, a Return Action and Return Code.
To view the Receiving History for the line, including any returns click on the icon from the Receiving page or the View Order page.