A retrofit order is used in cases where an order needs to be created in Unimarket after the fact. With retrofit orders you can opt not to send the order to the supplier and to auto-receive the items (since in most cases the order will have already been sent to the supplier and in some cases may have already been received by the buyer). This feature will not appear at checkout for Browsers as only Buyers can checkout orders, retrofit or not.
This is a feature that can be enabled/disabled by your community.
Creating a Retrofit Requisition
- Add the items you wish to order to your cart.
- Within the Order Type section of the checkout screen select Retrofit Order.
- Checking this box will display additional fields for the Related Invoice Number and the Order Date (if enabled). It will also change the Order Submission field to Do not Send by default (you can change this if you would still like the supplier to be sent the order electronically).
|Note: Customers utilizing financial years can restrict what dates are available. Eg: Buyer selects Financial Year 2018 (July 2017-June 2018), the Order Date must fall within these dates.|
- The Order Receiving field which is displayed under the Product table will also change to Receive Automatically (if enabled). You can change this if receiving is still required.
- When you complete the checkout the requisition will be routed for approval as per the usual process.
Creating a Retrofit Invoice
It is also possible to create a retrofit order from an invoice that does not yet have a matching order in Unimarket. To do this the Retrofit Invoices feature must be enabled by your community and you must have the Create Invoices role.
- Go to Enter Invoice from the Invoices module.
- Select the relevant Supplier and Buyer, you can begin typing their name and/or search through the dropdown.
|Note: If the Contracts module is enabled for your community, the selected supplier has at least one contract and the user creating the invoice has access to at least one of those contracts, a new Contract field will appear where you can select the contract this invoice should be linked to.|
- Complete all the other mandatory fields indicated by a red asterisk.
- You have the option of adding Comments and Attachments.
- Then click on Add Invoice Item, a popup will appear, complete the necessary detail and then select Add or, Add More to add additional lines.
- When you have completed all the required information select Create or, if you would like to create another invoice straight after, tick the Create another box next to the Create button before clicking Create.
- A notification will be sent to the buyer to approve/decline the invoice, at this point the invoice will have a state of Pending Initial Acceptance.
|Note: If you select yourself as the buyer the invoice will automatically be accepted.|
- If the requisition is approved a retrofit order will automatically be created and the invoice will be matched as per the standard matching process.
- If the invoice is rejected by the buyer you will be notified by email and the invoice state will change to Invoice Rejected.
Accepting or Rejecting an Invoice for a Retrofit Order
- Go to the Tasks menu and select Invoices.
- Pending invoices awaiting approval will appear.
- Click Accept and a popup will display allowing you to Accept, Reject, or Cancel (no action).
- To view more details about the invoice, select the invoice number.
- From here you may approve or decline in the Actions menu.
- If approved an incomplete requisition will be created and you will be taken to the checkout to complete the retrofit requisition.
- The retrofit requisition will be routed for approval as per the standard process and if approved a retrofit order will be created and automatically associated with the invoice.
- If you reject the invoice a reason will be required and the creator of the invoice will be notified that it has been rejected.
For more on creating invoices see Creating Electronic Invoices.