Communities can have 'goods receiving' enabled in Unimarket if they require buyers to receive all purchased goods and services. Receiving is used as part of the 3-way matching process when invoices are received from suppliers.
When receiving is enabled buyers are provided with functionality to locate purchase orders and receive quantities against the Order lines. Orders can be received from the Receiving page found in the Orders section within the Marketplace module or from within each individual order.
Receive Multiple Items (Receive All)
To begin this process you can either go to the Receiving page under the Orders section or, locate the order from the View Orders page and click on the order number to open it.
- Receiving Page - When on the Receiving page, click Receive All beside the appropriate order.
A new window will appear to allow you to receive the entire order (default) or select lines of the order and enter the relevant quantity received in the Received Quantity field.
- Within Order - Select Receive All from the Actions section at the right of the screen. A new window will appear to allow you to receive the entire order (default) or select lines of the order and enter the relevant quantity received in the Received Quantity field.
Receive by Line
- Receiving Page - Click Receive next to the applicable item line to receipt a quantity for that line only. The receiving window will appear for that line only.
- Within the Order - Click Receive next to the applicable line on the order. The receiving window will appear for that line only.
Receive Items on Behalf of Other Users
If you have been given the 'On Behalf of Receiving' role or your community has 'Receiving Sharing' enabled when you go to Marketplace > Orders > Receiving you can either see all the orders with open receiving for your whole community or within your Organization Unit(s). Depending on your settings you may need to remove your name from the Buyer dropdown. You can receive items on behalf of other users using the usual receiving process.
You can manually close the receiving on a line item or order if required. To close the receiving for order click More Actions and Select Receive All then change the Action to Manual Close using the drop down. You are required to enter a note regarding why you are closing the order and to select the lines you wish to close. This will not receive the remaining quantity.
You can also close individual line items by clicking Receive next to the applicable line item and changing the Action to Manual Close.
|Note: Manually closing receiving will prevent any more goods from being received and may prevent invoices from being matched.|
To reopen closed receiving click More Actions and select Reopen All. A pop-up will prompt you to enter a note advising why you have reopened reeving and to select the lines you wish to reopen. This will not undo any receiving previously processed.
How Receiving Relates to Invoice Matching
If 3-way matching is enabled, suppliers can only submit an invoice for the quantity received by the buyer or browser.
- Match: If the supplier invoices for the received amount the invoice will pass and will be submitted to the buying organization's finance system for payment.
- Pending Receiving: The items on the order have not been received by the buyer. Once the buyer receives the item(s) the matching will reprocess.
- On Hold: The invoice submitted by supplier exceeds the quantity or amount tolerances set by the community and needs to be routed for approval.
- Rejected: Line/Invoice Qty and/or amount have not matched the original order and have been manually rejected by AP or the buyer in the exception approval process.