Buyers and Community Administrators are able to close an Order or its receiving.
By Closing an Order, the user is stating that all needed actions against the order are complete. Closing the order will stop Suppliers and Users with the relevant roles from submitting invoicing against the order.
By closing the Receiving, the buyer is stating that they are done receiving on the order. (If there are any remaining items on the order, they are not expecting to receive them. Therefore no invoice can be raised by the supplier against the order.
If an order has been closed in error, (i.e. you have received the goods and the supplier's invoice is rejected), the order can be reopened.
Closing an Order
- Find the Order you wish to close from the View Orders screen.
- Click More Actions and select Close.
Closing Order Line Receiving Status
- To close an order line, click the Receive button beside the corresponding line item to display the receiving options.
- Change the Action to Manual Close and click OK. This will close the line with no further receiving.
- You will be presented with a warning noting that invoices can no longer be matched against the line and you will be asked to provide a reason for closing in the Note field.
- To close multiple items on an order, select Receive All from the Actions menu in the top right of the screen to display the receiving options and select Manual Close from the Action dropdown. Tick the line items you would like closed, enter a note and select OK.
Reopening Order Lines
- Click the Reopen icon to the right of the line item.
- Enter a reason why the order line item is being reopened in the Note field and click OK.
- It is also possible to reopen multiple line items by selecting Reopen All from the Actions menu in the top right of the screen.
Order State: If the order state is Closed, invoices can no longer be created against this order. The state of Open will allow users to create invoices. Buyers are able to close their own orders only, unless they also have the Create Invoices role, in which case they are able to close any order.
Receiving State: If receiving is Closed, no further receiving actions can be made against this order. If the receiving state is Open, receiving actions can still be taken.