Upon receipt of an invoice from a supplier, users with the Create Invoice role can create invoices against a blanket order, which is then routed to the blanket order creator and authorized users for approval. If it is approved a matching release order is automatically generated which draws down on the blanket order.
Drawing Down Using an Invoice
- Select View Orders from the Orders menu and locate the blanket order by using the search filters at the top of the page. For more search filters just click the More Options bubble below the Supplier drop-down search box.
- Open the blanket order by clicking on the order number.
- Click Invoice Order in the top right of the screen.
- Entering the Invoice Number, Invoice Date and any other information needed like attachments or comments.
- Add the products by clicking on Add Invoice Item, entering the product details and clicking Add or, Add More if adding more products.
- Once you are happy click Create to route it for approval.
For more on Blanket Orders, please refer to Blanket Orders.