The Messages tab within a bid request gives a forum for collaborators and/or suppliers to communicate. When a user selects '+Add Comment' they will be prompted to choose where to post the message. The options include a list of all suppliers included in the bid request as well as notifications and workgroup.
- Notifications - Messages posted here are sent to all collaborators in the community and all invited suppliers.
- Workgroup - Messages posted here are sent to collaborators in the workgroup only. Suppliers will not see them.
- Supplier - Messages posted here are sent to the bid request creator and the selected supplier. Other suppliers will not see them.
When it is time to award the Bid Request, the user can navigate to the 'Responses' tab and view the quotes from suppliers. All final quotes are shown here in comparison, and actions can be taken on these quotes. Below are the possible options.
- View - View the breakdown of quoted costs from the supplier response
- Evaluate - Evaluate the question responses from the supplier
- Decline - Reject the supplier's response from eligibility in the bid.
- Tags - Create tags to label suppliers. These tags can be used to group responded suppliers together and filter them out. You can also use them to label notes about the responses. Tags used will be saved for easy access in the future.
The 'Scorecard' allows users to view the evaluations and compare scores. All suppliers involved will appear in a list, displaying a rating and score for any weighted Section. The filter allows a user to view the Scorecard by all sections or sort by a specific section.
Select and Award
On this tab, users will make their selection for the winners of the bid. Once a selection is made, choose 'Close and Award'.
Note: On RFP/RFI, the Select and Award tab is only available if the Award Sections are in use.
Some users may want to notify suppliers with an automated message from Unimarket that they have been awarded the bid. Other users may want to notify suppliers more personally or in their own way. When awarding a bid request, users are given this option: