If the feature is enabled, users that require the ability to raise an order for a supplier but don't know the exact value up front can use price range orders, as it allows a user to specify a price range for a non-catalog item.
Create Price Range Item
- Select View Suppliers from the Marketplace menu or, if you are on the home page select the Suppliers tab.
- Use the search filters to find the supplier and then either:
- Hover your mouse over the supplier tile which will reveal a small arrow.
- Click on the arrow and select Non-Catalog.
- Click on the supplier tile to open the supplier details.
- Select the Create a Non-Catalog Item option.
- Enter the Name of the product/service you wish to order from the supplier and click Next. Unimarket will search for products with a similar name in supplier catalogs, please review this list before clicking next to continue.
- Select Use Estimated Price.
- Enter the lower price in the Estimated Minimum Unit Price field - this value is sent to the supplier.
- Enter the higher price in the Estimated Maximum Unit Price field - this value is sent to the approver and displayed within the community. The double arrow symbol indicates there is a price range.
- Enter the remaining order information, such as product specifics. The non-catalog item form has required fields for Name, Unit Price, Unit of Measure and sometimes Category depending on the configuration. For more information on how to use categories, see Unimarket Product Categorization (UNSPSC).
- The remaining fields like Description, Product Code (sku) or Manufacturer Part ID are optional however, they are important details about the product that are used to ensure the correct product or service is ordered.
|Note: The Price Range feature must be enabled by an administrator and it is not available for suppliers with order integration.|
- You will see a confirmation message that the item has been added to your cart and you will be taken back to the beginning of the process.
- If you want to add more items for the same supplier, repeat the steps above until you have specified all of your items.
- When you've added all the items you want on your order, click on the Shopping Cart to begin the Checkout Process.
|Note: If you need to change any information in a non-catalog product item, you can click the Edit button to the right of the product subtotal to edit the product information within the shopping cart.|