Once you have found the products and/or services you wish to purchase there can be a few different ways to add them to your cart, depending on how each supplier has set them up.
Add Items to the Shopping Cart
- Locate the product you wish to purchase (Refer to Finding Products & Services for more information on how to search for suppliers' products)
- There are a few ways you can add products to your cart:
1. Enter the desired quantity and click Add to Cart and the system will notify you that the selected item has been added to your shopping cart.
2. Some products will only show a View option, which means you need to view the product and complete the additional fields that have been included for that product, e.g. size or color, then enter the desired quantity and click Add To Cart.
3. If the feature is enabled for your community and the supplier also allows it, you can order non-catalog items. For lite suppliers who don't have catalogs on Unimarket this is the only option available. This allows you to enter the product information manually and then add the product to your cart. For more on this see Placing Orders With A Non-Catalog Supplier.
When creating a Non-Catalogue Item the buyer is required to input the product and pricing information manually to add the product to cart to checkout.
4. Catalog items with no specified price can also be loaded by suppliers. This displays a Get Quote button which lets you request an electronic quote from the supplier. For more on this see Get Quote (from a supplier catalog).
5a. If the supplier has a roundtrip index catalog, you may see a button that says Roundtrip next to the products shown inside the catalogue. Selecting this will redirect you to the supplier's eStore where you can continue your shopping.
5b. Alternatively some suppliers will have a roundtrip that when clicked will take you straight to the suppliers eStore rather than showing you a list of products first.
For either type of roundtrip (5a or 5b), once you have finished your session the items that have been selected are returned to your Unimarket shopping cart.
Once you have selected and added the products you require to your cart, see The Checkout Process to proceed with your order.