The General tab allows your community administrators to configure general approval settings. This includes the following information:
- Default Wait Period - the amount of time before an approval automatically escalates to the next level.
- Default Reminder Period - the amount of time before a reminder email is sent to an approver.
- Require Reason on Decline - when checked, approvers will be required to enter a reason when declining a requisition. When unchecked, the decline reason will be optional.
- Send Approval Emails - unchecking this will suppress all approval alert emails.
- Approval Escalation - this enables users with the Escalate Approval role to escalate approvals manually. Community Administrators can always escalate, regardless of this setting. This can also be configured per supplier.
- Proxy Approval Enabled - this allows approvers to choose other users to approve on their behalf while they are unavailable.
For more information on managing approvals see Setup & Manage Approvals.