In the Administration Module the Approvals General tab allows your community administrators to configure general approval settings. This separated into two sections, Approval Settings and Escalation Settings. Users with the Community or Approval Administrator roles can access these settings by going to the Administration Module and selecting Approvals from the left side menu.
- Default Reminder Period - The amount of time before a reminder email is sent to an Approver. Leave this blank to disable reminders.
- Require Reason on Decline - When checked, Approvers will be required to enter a reason when declining a requisition. When unchecked, the decline reason will be optional.
- Send Approval Emails - Unchecking this will suppress all approval notification emails.
- Proxy Approval Enabled - This allows approvers to choose other users to approve on their behalf while they are unavailable.
- Proxy Approval Limited by Org Unit - Limits the users approvers can select as their Proxy to users within the same Org Unit.
- Enable Manual Escalation - When checked, Allows users with the Escalate Approval role to escalate requisitions to the next approver.
- Enable for all users - Only visible if Enable Manual Escalation is checked. When checked, this enables all users to escalate requisitions.
- Enable Automatic Escalation - When checked, requisitions will automatically escalate to the next approver after the period set in the Time Before Escalation field.
- Time Before Escalation - Only visible if Enable Automatic Escalation is checked. Set the time period in hours before the requisition is escalated.
For more information on managing approvals see Setup & Manage Approvals.