In the Administration Module the Approvals General tab allows your community administrators to configure general approval settings. This separated into three sections, Approval Settings, Escalation Settings, and Requisition Editing Settings. Users with the Community or Approval Administrator roles can access these settings by going to the Administration Module and selecting Approvals from the left side menu.
- Default Reminder Period - The amount of time before a reminder email is sent to an Approver. Leave this blank to disable reminders.
- Require Reason on Decline - When checked, Approvers will be required to enter a reason when declining a requisition. When unchecked, the decline reason will be optional.
- Send Approval Emails - Unchecking this will suppress all approval notification emails.
- Proxy Approval Enabled - This allows approvers to choose other users to approve on their behalf while they are unavailable.
- Proxy Approval Limited by Org Unit - Limits the users approvers can select as their Proxy to users within the same Org Unit.
- Enable Manual Escalation - When checked, Allows users with the Escalate Approval role to escalate requisitions to the next approver.
- Enable for all users - Only visible if Enable Manual Escalation is checked. When checked, this enables all users to escalate requisitions.
- Enable Automatic Escalation - When checked, requisitions will automatically escalate to the next approver after the period set in the Time Before Escalation field.
- Time Before Escalation - Only visible if Enable Automatic Escalation is checked. Set the time period in hours before the requisition is escalated.
Requisition Editing Settings
- Allow Requisition details to be edited during approval - When this is enabled, approvers will be able to review a requisition and make extended changes, such as amending the quantity of a non-catalog product.
- Allow Buyers to Edit Pending Requisitions - When enabled, the Buyer for a requisition will be able to edit details of a Requisition. Approvers could use the comments to ask a Buyer to make changes, rather than declining the requisition or having to make changes on behalf of the buyer.
- Allow approvers to pause escalation - Approvers can select this option if they need more time to investigate the details of a requisition before it escalates. Community Administrators can unpause any requisition.
- Pause Time - Only visible if Allow approvers to pause escalation is checked. Set the pause time period in hours before the requisition is escalated.
|Note: Time Before Escalation and Pause Time excludes weekends and public holidays.|
For more information on managing approvals see Setup & Manage Approvals.