Users must be assigned the Expenses role in order to be able to submit expense claims.
- From the Module Switcher select 'Expenses', and click 'Create' to open the expenses screen.
- If you have the On Behalf Of Expenses role, there will be a field at the top which defaults to the user creating the expense. This allows you to select another user from the same org unit if creating on behalf of someone.
- Specify a claim name and description and attach supporting documents if required.
- Click 'Add Expense' to begin adding expense lines to the claim.
- For each expense you will need to select an 'Expense Type' and complete the required information. If the expense type has an associated form, then the additional form fields will display at the bottom of the page.
- Once finished, click 'Add' or to quickly add more expense lines select 'Add More'.
- You can save an expense claim in order to come back to it later, to do this simply select 'Save' at the bottom of the page. You can find the expense claim again by clicking 'Expenses' from the Module Switcher. Expense claims that have been saved and not submitted will have a state of 'Incomplete'. You can click the Expense Claim and then click on the 'Actions' menu and select 'Edit'. (You also have the option here to 'Delete')
- Once you have added all the required lines click 'Submit' to submit the claim for approval. The expense claim will be given a unique ID and routed to the approvers.
- If your expense has been 'Declined' and you need to re-submit it, you can click on the 'Declined' expense, click on the 'Actions' menu and you can 'Copy' the expense.
|Note: The copy function is only available on 'Declined' expenses.|