Users must be assigned the Expenses role in order to be able to submit expense claims.
- From the Module Switcher select Expenses, and click Create to open the expenses screen.
- If you have the On Behalf Of Expenses role, there will be a field at the top which defaults to the user creating the expense. This allows you to select another user from the same org unit if creating on behalf of someone.
- Specify a claim name and description and attach supporting documents if required.
- Click Add Expense to begin adding expense lines to the claim.
- For each expense you will need to select an Expense Type and complete the required information.
If the expense type has an associated form, then the Additional Details will display on the right.
- Once finished, click Add or to quickly add more expense lines select Add More.
- You can save an expense claim in order to come back to it later, to do this simply select Save at the bottom of the page.
- You can find the expense claim again by clicking 'Expenses' from the Module Switcher. Expense claims that have been saved and not submitted will have a state of Incomplete. You can click the Expense Claim and then click on the Actions menu and select Edit. (You also have the option here to Delete).
- Once you have added all the required lines click Submit to submit the claim for approval. The expense claim will be given a unique ID and routed to the approvers.
|Note: If your community allows users to enter a Tax Amount, when creating an Expense Line, the user can either select a Tax Rate, or enter a Tax Amount with a new field.|
- If your expense has been Declined and you need to re-submit it, you can click on the Declined expense, click on the More Actions menu and you can Copy the expense.
|Note: The copy function is only available on Declined expenses.|