The Account Transaction Request/Response integration (General Ledger (GL) integration) is used to send accounting transactions from Unimarket to an external system such as an FMIS/ERP. Transactions are generated when orders are created, receipted and then invoiced.
For an overview of the GL Module functionality and business related scenarios see General Ledger Module.
Setting up GL Integration
In order to start sending test messages to an external system the community needs to configure the Ledger within Unimarket to reflect the ledger structure in the external system. This determines which accounts get updated when orders are created, received and invoiced. There are 3 accounts which are commonly configured (but it does differ) - 1 for Order Amounts, 1 for Received Amounts and 1 for Invoiced Amounts.
Setting Up Accounts
- Name - As noted above, the Name of the Account e.g. Estimate, GRNI or simply the Account Number.
- Account Code - The GL account code that is posted to.
- Type - Determines the type of account:
- Liability: Estimate, GRNI, AP are all Liability accounts.
- Expense: Used for Shipping.
- Asset: (Not used)
- Equity: (Not used)
- Income: (Not used)
Configure Posting Manager
The Posting Manager should be configured after the accounts have been setup. It determines the process of updating the accounts and again it needs to reflect the accounting process used with the ERP system.
- Estimate (also know as Commitments): For the Estimate select the Account (setup above) where your commitments are coded when an order is created in the system.
- GRNI Account (Goods Received Not Invoiced): For the GRNI select the Account where received order item amount is coded when a buyer receives. The may be the same or different to the Estimate Account. If it is the same then the Estimate account is adjusted to reflect the received amount when order items are received, if it is different then the amount is backed out of the Estimate account and the received amount is updated in a separate GRNI account. The process all depends on how the accounting is completed in the ERP system.
- AP (Accounts Payable): Select the account where invoice amount is coded when the invoice is matched. Note that this is optional and some organizations choose not to send AP transactions via the GL integration - they just handle the process in their ERP system.
|Note: If a separate shipping account is specified then all header level shipping charges will get posted to the specified account. If not shipping account is specified then the system will spread any header level charges across all the lines.
Technical details relating to the integration can be found by going to Integration > General.